Discovering the numerous advantages and benefits, which CloudLinux OS has over other operating systems engaging in shared hosting, will make you appreciate the compatibility, efficiency, reliability, stability and security features of this software. More so, let us first understand what CloudLinux website hosting is and how it affects web hosting.
What is CloudLinux OS?
CloudLinux is an operating system designed for shared hosting providers. It functions to improve data security, stability and density by separating all tenants using shared server resources into distinct lightweight virtualized environment (LVE), in order to improve or limit the server resources of each tenant. The above procedure in the separations of tenants has contributed in the following ways:
- It helps to secure the server from slowing down due to the activities of one or more clients.
- It separates its tenants from one another to limit security breaches.
- It limits the spread of malware and virus within any client’s website.
In addition to the above, there are several other benefits of using CloudLinux on website’s hosting, these benefits may include:
- Stability features: The realization of private virtual space is one of the most important reason/benefit and feature of CloudLinux OS. In the private virtual space, your own bubbles protect your website against the activities of other hosted servers trying to slow or clash your server. With this stability features, your website will deliver fewer error messages to people trying to access your page, thereby creating higher volume of traffic.
- Security features: CloudLinux usually release new security patches to keep client’s website protected. The lightweight virtualized environment (LVE) helps to prevent malwares and hackers from accessing vulnerable files or getting your information from other users on the server. In other words, CloudLinux helps to create bubbles, which protect your hosting account by neither letting hackers access your data nor letting your data from getting out.
- Customer isolation: Unlike other servers who gets dragged down when one account goes, CloudLinux’ lightweight virtualization environment does not only protect individual accounts from malicious attacks, it also protects the entire server from being affected when one account goes down. It achieves this by controlling the amount of RAM and CPU That can be utilized in running an operation within any server.
- Ease of conversion: It is very easy to convert from other operating systems to CloudLinux OS. Converting from RHEL or CentOS does not take time to complete. You can easily buy your license from any ordering platform and get to enjoy great security updates and patches.
- Great support: The customer service support for CloudLinux is very nice. They can easily support you to get through usage, configuration and installation problems. They can also assist you in resolving bug fixes and run diagnosis to understand the problem with your website.
- Compatibility: One of the key advantages of using CloudLinux OS comes with the compatibility of this operating system with other interface like cPanel. The high compatibility between these two interfaces enables users to access higher services and lower frustrations. It also gives clients the ability to manage their website resources, by giving them faster and free hosting experience.
CloudLinux has offered several organizations an easy, reliable, compatible, affordable, efficient, security and great customer support in order to host their website successfully. Therefore, it is most advisable to utilize this opportunities in other to reap the aforementioned benefits.