Varnish cache is an open-source web application accelerator that is also known as HTTP reverse-proxy, which has the design properties of accelerating dynamic contents when configured and installed before servers that speak HTTP language. As an open-source web application designed for high-performance content delivery, using varnish cache hosting offer the user the primary benefits of re-configuring it to suit your basic needs.
Nevertheless, there are other numerous benefits accruable from using varnish cache on your website hosting account. Therefore, in the following, we have discussed the salient reasons and positive benefits why individuals, IT firms, business enterprises, organizations, online institutions and social networking sites use varnish caches to manage their website’s hosting:
- Performance: One of the prime advantages of using varnish caches on your web hosting is the level of performance associated with this application. Due to its modern architecture, design and performance oriented development; varnish cache can deliver about 20 Gbps on regular hardware and can speed up the performance of your website 300 to 1000 times faster. Nevertheless, the only limitation to this application is the speed of the user’s internet network. If the internet network is faster, varnish cache tends to perform better.
- Architecture: One of the major reason why online or web based companies are utilizing varnish cache is due to its architecture. The application programs that varnish would store data in virtual memory and leave the functions of deciding what gets stored in the memory and what gets paged out of the disk to the caprices of the user’s operating system. This simple technique helps to avoid some ugly situations where the operating system starts caching dating and such data is moved to the disk by the by the application.
- Varnish cache is heavily threaded: The high performance of varnish cache is consistent with the amount of thread available at each level. A distinct worker thread manages every client’s connection, when the maximum configuration limit is attained, incoming connections are channeled to an overflow queue. When the over flow queue configuration limit is exceeded, all incoming connections will be rejected.
- Flexibility: One of the salient reasons why most institutions use varnish cache for their website is because of the flexibility of its configuration language. Varnish caches’ configuration language VCL (varnish configuration language), allows users like you to write policies on how incoming request should be received and handled. Such policies usually feature instructions on what contents to serve, where such contents can be gotten from and how to alter requests and responses. Also, there are many run-time parameters that help to control limits on variables such as timeouts, threads, etc. A command-line management interface allows for the modifications and compilation, loading or activation of new VCL scripts without the need of a restart.
- Varnish has the potentials of caching timely data: Varnish cache is an improved HTTP accelerator, which has been used in the past by high profile websites in offering real time statistics on content rich websites and even on anonymous browser.
- Other benefits: Reliability and affordability are some of the celebrated benefits of using varnish caches. It has proven to be useful in caching heavily consumed API’s, and it is one of the best easy to use web accelerators in contrast to Apache and nginx.
The benefits of using Varnish cache on your web hosting are quite numerous. Its benefits are much reliable when compared to other forms of proxy servers; these proxy servers are compatible with network protocol, FTP and SMTP, varnish is mainly support HTTP, which is a better security protocol.
Brontobytes understands the importance of keeping page loading times down, and we are pleased to announce the addition of Varnish Cache to our web hosting services.